Institut Technologique Foret Cellulose Bois-construction Ameublement (FCBA)
FCBA is a multi-sector Industrial Technical Center composed of 340 people distributed in 6 sites in France (Paris, Bordeaux, Grenoble, Dijon, Limoges, Nantes). FCBA works for the ensemble of the different forest-based industry sectors, including forestry, pulp and paper, wood, and furniture on different activities such as innovation, research and development, technical assistance, certification, testing, standardization, training information, etc.
FCBA has experience over 1000 forestry biomass field trials:
- Biomass availability studies in different European countries including forestry, agricultural, recovered waste wood, agricultural co-products, residues of agro-food industry, etc
- Biomass procurements, including estimation of production costs, transportation, effects on sylvicultural/agricultural practices, etc
- Biomass characterization (including the variability at different levels – inter-species, intraspecies,seasonal variations, etc)
- Suitability of different biomass and the pre-treatments, in particular the effect of the elemental organic/inorganic and chemical composition on the performances of the pre-treatments and/or the main treatment.
- Application of a concept of biorefinery to different biomass by extracting high-added molecules and elements
- Quantification of the chemicals intermediates produced during the pre-treatments
- Life cycle and costs analyses
- Re-use of endlife wood and fibres or byproducts (ashes for example)
Denilson Da Silva Perez
10 avenue de Saint Mandé
Tel: +33 629 478 700